DO NOT SIGN THE NEW ANNUAL PERFORMANCE PLAN 2018-2019.
The Union has received a number of complaints re the new Telstra Annual Performance Plan. This new Annual Performance Plan goes beyond the normal performance measures and effectively varies your employment contract with Telstra. Some of the matters that you are being asked to sign off on contradicts the current EBA.
The Union intend to lodge a dispute in the Fair Work Commission seeking that Telstra immediately stop the unfair and unlawful measures.
Please contact us on (02) 9281-2811 to discuss options going forward.
In the meantime, you should advise Telstra that you will not be signing the Telstra Annual Performance Plan as you are seeking industrial and/or legal advice.
Some examples of the problems:
- What is "Efficiency 100%" - With the current dispatch practices, this will never be achieved.
- Long Service Leave - must take 9 days per year - This is not a law nor is it enforceable. This Telstra policy is currently subject to high level legal advice as to its validity
- No ARL or Overtime if ARL above 4 weeks - this contradicts the current EBA.
- Servicing Telstra vehicle on your RDO - in your own time contradicts the current commuter use agreement as you only have to make the vehicle available for a service
- Expectation of 5 to 6 AJPD - not a practical measure - unachievable.
Authorised by Lee Walkington Acting State Secretary
CWU Telecommunications & Services Branch