CWU T&S WEEKLY BULLETIN NO 2019 /
26 NOV 2019
EBA PHONE HOOKUP THIS THURSDAY
There will be a zoom conference THURSDAY 28 November at 7:30pm to discuss.
Open the link on your phone App or Computer:
On your phone call 02 8015 6011 and enter meeting code 529474374#
TELSTRA EBA - 6 GOOD REASONS TO VOTE "NO"
1. You already voted NO a year ago (82% rejected the offer) because of the forced transfer of business clauses. This proposal either forces redeployment (in some circumstances), or if you don't go, you resign with NO REDUNDANCY PACKAGE! And there are no appeal rights either.
2. InfraCo looks to be only the beginning of the break-up of Telstra. Will your business unit be the next to be dismembered and forced off the Telstra EBA?
3. Telstra say "take a leap of faith" with future conditions but do you really trust them to look after your interests, especially after the loss of 9500 jobs?
4. The woeful pay offer- 1.8% and then 2% next year at a time when the CEO achieves a $4 million bonus on top of his $2.3 million wage. All corporate bonuses for staff are gone. Job family performance pay principles also gone. NO reference to specific, clear, measurable and achievable performance goals.
5. Telstra have already directed you to take 14 days out of your 20 days of annual leave, this offer enables them to direct you to take 9 days long service leave annually - if you have accrued 90 days.
6. There's little benefit and lots of problems in this proposal. We can't endorse it and neither should you!
EBA - SPREAD THE WORD
Talk to your friends and fellow workers. Discuss the problems. And Vote next week.
VIP - CONTACTING US - NEW PHONE NUMBER
Please note the following changes as we simplify our phone numbers
0428 942 878
Dan Dwyer Secretary/Lawyer - for industrial matters & advice
0447 265 443
Administrative eg payments, applications, change of details
Authorised by Dan Dwyer Branch Secretary
CWU Telecommunications & Services Branch, Leichhardt, NSW.